Used Book Policy
Used books, cds and dvds in very good condition may be traded in for credit for other used book or audio. We do not pay cash.
Used book credit may only be used towards the purchase of other used items and cannot be used for new items.
For the books that we accept, you may receive up to 25% of the publisher's list price (if a hardcover book is now in paperback, it will be valued at the paperback price) for trade-in credit depending on condition. Trade-in credit on cds and dvds vary. You can use the credit towards purchasing other used books but you will still be responsible for sales tax.
We will hold your credit here at the store and update it as you make purchases
Please bring in no more than 30 books at a time. We can't always examine them for trade in right away but will try to get back to you quickly. Please let the clerk know if you want any rejected books back or if you just want to donate them to our $1.00 cart.
We have the right to refuse any book for trade credit at any time.
Books must be in very good conditon! Please-these are to SELL
- No stains, highlighting, stickers
- No torn covers, broken spines, loose pages
- No smells, ie. smoke, mildew
Books We Want:
- Trade Paperbacks: fiction and nonfiction
- Children's books: chapter, picture nonfiction
- Mass Market books in Prime Condition
- Selected Hardcovers: fiction, nonfiction
Books We Cannot Accept:
- Library discards
- Most Hardcover books
- Romance series
- Manuals, especially out-of-date
- Travel Books, especially out-of-date
- Rare or Antique books
- Condensed versions
You can also donate your old books to the Friends of the Library booksales.